Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Chicken Ravioli Bake



Sitting around doing nothing today. Today was early day from school, so it just meant that there was an extra hour for me to waste with doing nothing. Usually my mom would be home, however, she has been having to work everyday since her co-worker went on vacation. So, she's been stuck having to fill in. She doesn't mind to much though. She's getting payed a lot for doing it.

Since I didn't have much to do, I decided to occupy myself by making dinner. I called my mom up to see what she thought would be good to make. She came up with ravioli. Bake Ravioli. It was pretty simple since we had the store bought ready ravioli. You won't see me taking dough out to form my own ravioli's. Why do that when you can just buy them ready? Seriously, come on! I see some people that actually still make they're own. I find it a waste of time.

I was extremely surprised to see that my brother even ate any of it. He gobbled it down so quickly that I didn't even have time to go to my room and back before he was already done! He's usually not to big on trying many things, and I thought, as he watched me make my own sauce, that he wouldn't want to eat it. But, apparently, I was wrong.




Recipe

2 (9 ounce) packages refrigerated chicken ravioli
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 tsp. dried basil
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/8 tsp. pepper
4 (14.5 ounce) cans cubed tomatoes
6 tbsp. tomato paste
1/2 (2 ounce) shredded mozzarella cheese


1. Cook pasta as directed on box. Drain well. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add wine, basil, salt, red pepper, pepper, cubed tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir well to combine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.

3. Remove from heat and add pasta to tomato mixture, tossing well to combine. Spoon pasta mixture into a 8-inch baking dish and think sprinkle evenly with cheese.

4. Bake at 400 degrees for about 3 minutes or until cheese melts and begins to brown. Serve.

1 comments:

CalebPhotographer said...

To get the picture I just took a screenshot from the video that I have up on my blog. =)

I ate too much uncooked meat tonight. x_x

I feel kind of sick.. We went to MiMi's Cafe down by Mellinia, (I never spell that right) and the server was so nice.. I didn't want to make him feel bad because the burger was still a little red... oh well. I got free muffins out of it. =D

He just brought them to us randomly after we finished eating. It was awesome. x)

 
 
Genesis of a Cook
check out Tastespotting