Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Peanut Butter Sandies





If your a peanut butter lover, than these are totally the right cookies for you! To he honest, I think the cookies are just an excuse to have pure peanut butter. Because it taste just as if your licking peanut butter from the spoon; But you don't want to just say, "I want peanut butter." No, you dress it up in the form of a cookie!

I decided to make these to send to a friend of mine, along with other cookies, so that he could have some. I was already sending my Chocodoodles and my Chocolate Chunk and Dried Cherry Oatmeal Cookies, and I wanted to add something else to the batch of cookies. I already have chocolate, as well as oatmeal, so, why not peanut butter?

My whole objective with these cookies were to make them taste as peanut butter-y as possible. Which, these defiantly defined pure peanut butter very well. The ones I had in sent to work and friends, they were devoured in 1 second flat! It was well loved. This recipe is very simple. And it's much better than just have peanut butter on a spoon!





Recipe

1 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup flour
1 cup light brown sugar


1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. In a large bowl, beat together sugar and peanut butter. Slowly add flour and mix until thoroughly combined.

3. Using your hands, roll about a tablespoons of dough together into a ball. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and press slightly to flatten.

4. Bake 8 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly golden. Allow to cool on the sheet for about 5 minutes then carefully remove to wire racks to continue to cool. It is best to allow them to cool completely before eating, they "set" while they cool.

Makes about 2 dozen cookies



10 comments:

Elle said...

Those look really good, and only 3 ingredients--wow!

test it comm said...

Those cookies look good. Only three ingredients!?

Jenny said...

You can't beat how easy these cookies are. They look great!!

Anonymous said...

WOW. I came across this recipe last night and had to make these cookies. They are definitely the most dense, peanut-buttery cookies I've ever had, but don't make them too large or you won't even be able to finish one!

Helene said...

What a great assortment of cookie for your friend!

Cakebrain said...

Great blog! Isn't peanut butter an amazing ingredient? Your cookies look delicious!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I'm a nut-butter lover, period (especially almond butter, hazelnut butter, and cashew butter) - those cookies DEFINITELY sound and look marvelous!!

Kalyn Denny said...

How fun discovering your blog from Alanna's post at BlogHer. Great blog; I'm adding you to my feed reader.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'd like to make these. I have brown sugar and I have white sugar, but no light brown sugar. Which can I use instead of the light brown sugar? If I use the brown sugar, do I pack it down?
Thanks!!!
Jen

 
 
Genesis of a Cook
check out Tastespotting