Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Bread Pudding




Fall is here! Even here in Orlando, Florida you can feel it! We reach our newest lows for the season; Lows of 36 degrees and highs of 65. It's been so beautiful out for the past couple days! I love the cool weather! Makes me wonder some times as to why I'm living in Florida..

I actually plan to move soon once I start attending college. I really want to go live on NY. I've always loved it up there, so why not live there? I love the city, the scenery, the people; I love so much about it. Whether I move there soon, or a few years from now, I know that I want to live there.

But anyways, a bit of topic! To celebrate the fact that fall is here, I decided to bake something that just screams autumn; pumpkin. What better than a comforting pumpkin bread pudding to celebrate with, yea? I've been holding on to this recipe that I found not to long ago, waiting for the right time to try it out. Let me tell you, it didn't disappoint.




Recipe

1 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs plus 1 yolk
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. ground allspice
Pinch of ground cloves
2 tbsp. bourbon
5 cups cubed (1-inch) day-old baguette or crusty bread
3/4 stick unsalted butter, melted

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in middle.

2. Whisk together pumpkin, cream, milk, sugar, eggs, yolk, salt, spices and bourbon, if using, in a bowl.

3. Toss bread cubes with butter in another bowl, then add pumpkin mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to an ungreased 8-inch square baking dish and bake until custard is set, 25 to 30 minutes.




7 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

It's FREEEEZING and snowing here - winter is on its way!!

Oh my, that bread pudding looks absolutely magnificent. Yum!!

Pam said...

What a beautiful bread pudding. I'm on a pumpkin kick right now, so this is the perfect recipe for me.

Shari said...

I love bread pudding, and a pumpkin one sounds delicious!

Jean Z. said...

What a great idea - the bourbon in it sounds like just the right accent. I will definitely be trying this one. I'm going to make a baked / glazed pumpkin this weekend. Wish me luck. -- Jean

test it comm said...

That bread pudding sounds so good!

Anonymous said...

cheap wow gold
atlantica gold
atlantica online
cheap wow powerleveling
wow gold
wow power leveling
wow powerleveling
tibia gold
buy tibia gold
cheap tibia gold

Anonymous said...

Seeing cheap bridemaid dresses, cheap mother of the bride dresses , cheap flower girl dresses , cheap wedding dresses,
on this website is a enjoyingable thing.

 
 
Genesis of a Cook
check out Tastespotting