Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Parmesan Chicken



I've been meaning to make this for so time now, and since I hadn't had chicken or pasta in sometime, I thought, well why not make this now! I got the Chicken Parmesan Recipe from Simply Recipes, and it was quite tasty. It reminded me some what of Olive Garden. But, I didn't just want to have chicken, I wanted pasta too. I cooked linguine and smothered it in tomato and basil sauce and topped it with Grated Parmesan.

Oh my was it delicious!! And to make it better, I cooked up some Bread Sticks. I mean, Bread Sticks and tomato sauce; whats better than that?? I didn't expect this to be as good as it came out. I was very surprised at how delicious it was. I plan on having this for lunch tomorrow :]





Recipe

1 clove garlic, minced
1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup or 1/4 pound), melted
1 cup dried bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
A large pinch of Italian seasoning (herb mix)
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 lbs of skinless, boneless, chicken meat, cut into pieces no larger than 2x2 inches

1. Preheat oven to 450°F.

2. In a bowl, combine the minced garlic with the melted butter. In another bowl mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, salt, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Dip chicken pieces into garlic butter, then into crumb mixture to coat.

3. Place coated chicken pieces on to a 9x13 baking dish. Try to leave a little room between each piece. Drizzle with remaining garlic butter and bake uncovered 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Note that the chicken will get much more browned on the bottom side than on the top.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thx very much to this recipe!!

I'm Spanish and I don't know that cook today.

And I love your blog!

 
 
Genesis of a Cook
check out Tastespotting