Monday, June 18, 2007

Banana Coconutty Cake



Fathers Day came; And my dad wanted me to cook. So did my grandfather. So my grandpa and nana came over for dinner. I told my dad to choose what it was he wanted to eat. It took him about a week and then when he finally chose what he wanted to eat, it was such a simple meal to make; A Steak and Pasta toss. To simple!

I wanted to bake something for fathers day as well; My grandpa and dad both love nuts! And bananas. So, firstly, I made a Banana Cake. I added walnuts, cashews, almonds and coconut. Plus Bananas, obviously. So I called it Banana Coconutty Cake. I made Banana Walnut Bread as well. Mainly I did that one cause I've been craving it like crazy. They all thought it was strange when I took two slices of Banana Bread and crumbled it into a mug, poured milk in it, chocolate syrup and whip cream. So delicious! They looked at me like, "WTF?" They soon came to realize why I liked it when they tried it :]

Now I feel like a fat cow; I ate too much for my own good. My eyes were bigger than my stomach. Now I have to fast once again; eh, oh well. I'm just glad everyone liked it :]




Recipe

2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 large)
3/4 cup of nuts [your choice]
1/2 cup coconut


1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches, with shortening. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.

2. In large bowl, beat 1 cup sugar and 1 cup butter with electric mixer on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until fluffy. Beat in eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk until smooth. Stir in bananas. Pour into pan.

3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send us the photo of your computer desk.
We'll publish on our blog!.
And if you want link us your blog, so we’ll publish on our.

EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com

Helene said...

This is completely decadent! Love it!

 
 
Genesis of a Cook
check out Tastespotting