Sunday, July 1, 2007

Baked Penne with Sausage



Mmmm - Sausage. So tasty, so delicious. I love Sausage...

Aside from that, I've been craving sausage. I prefer the turkey sausage cause it generally not greasy at all; which I like. Of course, I am a pasta girl. So I threw my favorite pasta in with the sausage, along with mozzarella cheese. Mmm, delicious it was. I like my sausage burnt. I don't know about everyone else, but I actually prefer a lot of things burnt. French Fries, potatoes, chicken, steak, sausage, etc. But it usually has to do with meat when it comes to being burnt. When it comes to pasta, burnt pasta doesn't sounds apatising at all. Anyways, I cooked the pasta, burnt my sausage, then put it in the casserole dish, layered it with sauce and a lot of mozzarella cheese, and boy was it cheesy when it was done! Made it even better!! And it was so simple. All in all, I was a happy girl today!



Recipe

1 pkg. penne pasta
2 pkg. south beach diet turkey sausage
3 cups sausage and basil marinara sauce
2 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Bring large pot of boiling, salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook 8-9 minutes. (Don't overcook because it will cook more when you bake it.) Drain pasta well.

2. While pasta cooks, cook sausage on outdoor grill or stove top grill pan until well done. Let cool, then cut into diagonal slices about 3/4 inch thick.

3. Spray a 10" X 13" glass casserole dish. Layer pasta, then sausage, then spread sauce evenly over the top. Top with mozzarella cheese.

4. Bake 25 minutes, then remove from oven and stir slightly. Top with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and grated parmesan and bake about 5 to 10 minutes more, until bubbly and slightly browned on top. Serve hot.


0 comments:

 
 
Genesis of a Cook
check out Tastespotting