Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Porcupine Meatballs



When I was a kid, there was always one things that I was always excited about having for dinner; Porcupine Meatballs. Meatballs with rice! I mean, come out! How awesome is that! So, when my mother would cook, aside from those kid cuisines that every kid loves, and it was Porcupine Meatballs, I would get so excited that I would fun around the house screaming in happiness. I was like a child high on sugar! I've always love them and even though they are meat and I'm not a big fan of meat, these are beyond delicious!

Sadly, I hadn't had these in a loooong time. I can't even remember the last time I had them. And the other day, out of the blue, my mother asked me to make these for dinner. My eyes grew large because I seriously forgot out these meatballs. Thats how long I haven't had them! So when she mentioned them, I was all for it! And I am so flipping happy she asked me to cook these because they packed a bunch of deliciousness! I was very satisfied and happy :]



Recipe

2 lbs. ground beef
1 box of white grain rice
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1 egg
Pepper
Parsley
Worcestershire Sauce


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place ground beef in a large bowl. Crack egg in put atop meat. Put in desired amount of pepper, parsley and Worcestershire sauce (I put a lot). Put in 1/2 to 3/4 of the rice in the bowl. Push all of ingredients together till pushed evenly.
3. Roll meat into 1 1/2 inch balls (You can make larger if desired). Place in a pan and continue forming balls till all meat is gone. Place in the oven.
4. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Meanwhile, cook remaining rice. Put a little Worcestershire sauce on the rice to give it a little flavor.
5. Take out the meatballs and pour sauce on top. (You can do this before or after. I prefer after they're cooked.) Serve on top of rice.




4 comments:

Peabody said...

As someone who has had real porcupine meatballs(got to love the south) I much prefer yours!

wow gold said...

With a wow goldstaff, you will wow goldfind you canbuy wow gold use 'Autocasting' buy wow goldoptions. Basically, cheap wow gold this lets you cheap wow goldchoose a spell wow power levelingto continually wow power levelingcast. As long power levelingas you wield power leveling supply runs out.

Adi said...

Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa page and other update like as Beratnya Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa, Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa di perpanjang and Jangan Berhenti Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. Thank you So much.

Oes Tsetnoc | Lanjutkan Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa

copper said...

I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.
bridal gowns

 
 
Genesis of a Cook
check out Tastespotting