Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Porcupine Meatballs



When I was a kid, there was always one things that I was always excited about having for dinner; Porcupine Meatballs. Meatballs with rice! I mean, come out! How awesome is that! So, when my mother would cook, aside from those kid cuisines that every kid loves, and it was Porcupine Meatballs, I would get so excited that I would fun around the house screaming in happiness. I was like a child high on sugar! I've always love them and even though they are meat and I'm not a big fan of meat, these are beyond delicious!

Sadly, I hadn't had these in a loooong time. I can't even remember the last time I had them. And the other day, out of the blue, my mother asked me to make these for dinner. My eyes grew large because I seriously forgot out these meatballs. Thats how long I haven't had them! So when she mentioned them, I was all for it! And I am so flipping happy she asked me to cook these because they packed a bunch of deliciousness! I was very satisfied and happy :]



Recipe

2 lbs. ground beef
1 box of white grain rice
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1 egg
Pepper
Parsley
Worcestershire Sauce


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place ground beef in a large bowl. Crack egg in put atop meat. Put in desired amount of pepper, parsley and Worcestershire sauce (I put a lot). Put in 1/2 to 3/4 of the rice in the bowl. Push all of ingredients together till pushed evenly.
3. Roll meat into 1 1/2 inch balls (You can make larger if desired). Place in a pan and continue forming balls till all meat is gone. Place in the oven.
4. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Meanwhile, cook remaining rice. Put a little Worcestershire sauce on the rice to give it a little flavor.
5. Take out the meatballs and pour sauce on top. (You can do this before or after. I prefer after they're cooked.) Serve on top of rice.




2 comments:

Peabody said...

As someone who has had real porcupine meatballs(got to love the south) I much prefer yours!

copper said...

I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.
bridal gowns

 
 
Genesis of a Cook
check out Tastespotting