Saturday, August 18, 2007

Baked Macaroni Cheese



Macaroni and Cheese was something I always looked forward to when my nana and grandpa would come over for dinner. My nana made the best mararoni and cheese that I had ever tasted! It's funny, she can't cook anything; At all! If you were to eat something she cooked, sadly, it would seem like you just been poisoned. But here maroni! It was just so good!

She said that he mother was famous for this macaroni and she taught here how to make it. Well, me and my mother wanted to cook this! But, my nana would not tell us. So, we tried our best to make it, and when we finally got it, it came to taste 100% better than my nana's! We had her try it, and she agreed. It was better they're heres. This is when she told us how it was she made hers. And we we're left speechless when she told us.

She didn't even make it from scratch! In fact, she would by the mararoni and cheese store bought kind and just add a TON of cheese! And here me and my mother are, starting from scratch, trying to figure it out. No wonder ours came out better.




Recipe

1 box (12 ounce) macaroni
1/4 cup butter
3 cups milk
1 egg
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Black Pepper
Salt

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coo pasta till al dente. While the pasta is cooking, in a separate pot, melt the butter. Stir in the milk. Simmer for about 10 minutes.

2. Temper in the egg. Stir in 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Fold the macaroni into the mix then pour it into a casserole dish. Top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.

3. Remove from the oven and top with 1 cup grated cheddar cheese. Bake for an additional 20 minutes. (if you like the top a little burnt like I, broil for about 5 minutes after the 20 minutes)

4. Let food rest for about 10 minutes before serving.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

kooks good to me

Anonymous said...

your making me hungry

Carrie said...

Looks Great!. Maybe try adding onions..

Unknown said...

your site impresses me with neat structure and apprearance, always like site that shares useful info...
Cheap Beijing tours

 
 
Genesis of a Cook
check out Tastespotting