Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Tuna Salad



I remember when I was a little kid; When we would get together with family at the beach to spend time together and have cook outs and whatnot. What I remember most was one of my favorite things to eat; Tuna Salad!

To be honest, I've never been to big on seafood at all. But I'm absolutely obsessed with Tuna Salad. My mom and my aunt were usually the ones that made this. We would all go out, surf, swim, jump waves, and then come back ashore to eat. While everyone would go to the hamburgers, grilled chicken and hotdogs, I was the one indulging in the Tuna Salad. I would actually get yelled at because suddenly the Tuna Salad was disappearing!

When my mom would make it, she would never let me watch her. I was a very picky eater and I even still am to this day. But, she knew that if I knew what all went into a Tuna Salad, I would not eat it. I hated mayo, seafood, pickles and mustard; Which is all that went into the Tuna Salad! But I ate that Tuna Salad up to no end. It's just a great, refreshing meal.




Recipe

2 cups elbow pasta
3 cups tuna, drained
1/2 celery, thinly sliced
1/4 cup dill pickles, chopped
1/4 cup dill pickle juice
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup yellow mustard
1/4 tsp. pepper


1. Cook pasta as directed. Drain.

2. Drain tuna from can and put into a large bowl. Put pepper, mayo, mustard, celery, pickles, pickle juice and celery into the bowl with the tuna. Stir together to mixed together.

3. Take drained pasta and add to the tuna mixture. Blend well with a large spoon. Chill for about 2 hours. Serve.

0 comments:

 
 
Genesis of a Cook
check out Tastespotting