Saturday, November 24, 2007

Sweet Country Cornbread



Cornbread is always a great side for any meal. In my opinion that is. With leftovers from Thanksgiving, I decided to make up some mini cornbreads. Some people like they're cornbread dry and some like it very cake like. I'm sort of in the middle of the two. I don't want it to dry, but nor do I want it to cake like. This recipe is a great one for people like me who are in between.


Recipe

1 1/4 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted


1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a square 8x8 inch pan or a 9 mini loaf pan.

2. Beat milk, butter and egg in a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients until flour is moistened. Batter will be lumpy. Pour into pan.

3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.


0 comments:

 
 
Genesis of a Cook
check out Tastespotting