This is like my own personal heaven. Brownies plus oreos! I love my oreos, but I find that I prefer them when they're with something else. Like, with my ice cream, or, with milk. It's better that way; Better than just having a plan old oreo.
These brownies are pack full of oreos! Theres a nice crunch with every bite you take! Awesome, no? I always like a crunch in my food not matter what it may be. Ice Cream? There has to be a crunch. Chicken? Needs a crunch. Bread? Eh, well, maybe not everything, but you get the point, yea? The crunch bit to the cookies in these brownies has to be the best part!
I can't wait to give these to my friends tomorrow. Everyone now expects and wants me to have something to give when lunch comes around. And no, they don't want sandwiches. They're always looking for something sweet out of me. They know I love to bake so they're wanting something sweet, decadent and delicious! These brownies defiantly fall under that category!
1 cup flour, plus 1/4 cup flour
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. vanilla
4 sticks of butter
1 pound semisweet chocolate chip
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
3 tbsp. instant coffee granules
4 cups oreos, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 11 1/2" x 17 1/4" x 1" baking pan.
2. In a heatproof medium bowl, set over a saucepan of simmering water and heat butter, chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate until melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, coffee granules, vanilla and sugar. Blend chocolate mixture into egg mixture; cool to room temperature.
4. In a medium bowl, sift together 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture into chocolate mixture. In a small bowl, stir oreos and remaining 1/4 cup flour. Add oreo mixture to chocolate mixture. Pour batter into baking pan.
5. Bake for about 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before cutting.