I came across this recipe not to long ago as I was browsing for some good cookie recipes. And I knew right when I saw it that I would defiantly have to try making these cookies. I've always love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate; the two combined is so comforting and delicious that you'd kick yourself.
The thing with peanut butter, like I've said many times, I try to never have it because peanut butter is really one of my weakness. When I have a little, I want a lot. And peanut butter isn't necessarily something you can have in big portions. However, peanut butter put into ONE cookies can help me to limiting myself.
I was so excited to make these cookies because I just couldn't wait to try them. I tried to make every cookie perfect as I rolled them into they're balls, which was hard at first, but then I got the hang of it. I was just sure to really flour the surface where I was making the cookies. Which I recommend doing!! These cookies require a little work, but are totally worth it in the end.
The smell in the kitchen as they baked was mouth watering. And once the cookies came out, I was jumping up and down like a little child in a candy shop, excited to try the cookies. The cookies were very soft and extremely delicious that you can't just have one! I'm dead serious when I say this... I think these are the best cookies that I've ever had.
For Chocolate Dough
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
For Peanut Butter Filling
3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tbsp. white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, white sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter with an electric until combined. Add egg, milk and vanilla; Beat well. Beat in as much of the dry ingredients as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining dry ingredients by hand with a wooden spoon. Form chocolate dough into 32 balls, about 1 1/4 inches in diameter. Set aside.
3. For the peanut butter filling, in a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Shape mixture into 32 balls.
4. On a work surface, slightly flatten a chocolate dough ball and top with a peanut butter ball. Shape the chocolate dough over the peanut butter ball, completely covering the peanut butter mixture. Roll in a ball. Repeat with the remaining chocolate dough and peanut butter balls.
5. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Lightly flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in the 2 tablespoons of white sugar.
6. Bake cookies for about 8 minutes or until they're just set and surface is slightly cracked. Let cookie stand for about 1 minute before transferring cookies to a wire rack to cool.