Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Peanut Butter Munchies



I came across this recipe not to long ago as I was browsing for some good cookie recipes. And I knew right when I saw it that I would defiantly have to try making these cookies. I've always love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate; the two combined is so comforting and delicious that you'd kick yourself.

The thing with peanut butter, like I've said many times, I try to never have it because peanut butter is really one of my weakness. When I have a little, I want a lot. And peanut butter isn't necessarily something you can have in big portions. However, peanut butter put into ONE cookies can help me to limiting myself.

I was so excited to make these cookies because I just couldn't wait to try them. I tried to make every cookie perfect as I rolled them into they're balls, which was hard at first, but then I got the hang of it. I was just sure to really flour the surface where I was making the cookies. Which I recommend doing!! These cookies require a little work, but are totally worth it in the end.

The smell in the kitchen as they baked was mouth watering. And once the cookies came out, I was jumping up and down like a little child in a candy shop, excited to try the cookies. The cookies were very soft and extremely delicious that you can't just have one! I'm dead serious when I say this... I think these are the best cookies that I've ever had.




Recipe

For Chocolate Dough

1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

For Peanut Butter Filling

3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tbsp. white sugar


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Set aside.

2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, white sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter with an electric until combined. Add egg, milk and vanilla; Beat well. Beat in as much of the dry ingredients as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining dry ingredients by hand with a wooden spoon. Form chocolate dough into 32 balls, about 1 1/4 inches in diameter. Set aside.

3. For the peanut butter filling, in a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Shape mixture into 32 balls.

4. On a work surface, slightly flatten a chocolate dough ball and top with a peanut butter ball. Shape the chocolate dough over the peanut butter ball, completely covering the peanut butter mixture. Roll in a ball. Repeat with the remaining chocolate dough and peanut butter balls.

5. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Lightly flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in the 2 tablespoons of white sugar.

6. Bake cookies for about 8 minutes or until they're just set and surface is slightly cracked. Let cookie stand for about 1 minute before transferring cookies to a wire rack to cool.



9 comments:

EthidiumBromide said...

Ironically enough, I just made these last night. I have to say that I was not impressed, particularly based on the amount of work. They're certainly not HARD to make, just a pain because the dough is really sticky, and I have some much easier recipes that come out tasting much better. I may consider trying them again with sugar cookies on the outside rather than chocolate, though...

Brilynn said...

Those look fabulous, I like that it's a filled centre.

VeggieGirl said...

peanut butter & chocolate is a classic flavor-combination; but even better? peanut butter & carob!! yum!! especially in cookies... and peanut butter is chock-full of healthy fats, protein, and other essential nutrients, so don't be so hard on yourself about it! :0)

Jennifer said...

I made these earlier this month. They are decicious!

Patricia Scarpin said...

These look so good!

Deborah said...

I LOVE peanut butter and chocolate. I want some!!

von said...

hi, may i know the 350 degrees is in celsius or in Fahrenheit?

freedom_blu@yahoo.com.sg

Jenn said...

Those cookies look amazing! What a nice surprise it would be to dig into one of those!

crazyloko said...

buy products wholesaleThis phenomenom is typified by China Wholesalersthe rise ofbusiness. Incredible range of products available with China Wholesale “Low Price and High Quality” not only reaches directly to their target clients worldwide but also ensures that wholesale from china from China means margins you cannot find elsewhere and China Wholesale will skyroket your profits.china wholesale productsbuy china wholesalewholesale chinawholesale productsbuy products

 
 
Genesis of a Cook
check out Tastespotting