Saturday, January 5, 2008

Caramel Toffee Cheesecake



To be completely honest, I have yet to have ever made a cheesecake. Cheesecake is a very rich dessert and I don't have it very often, but, when I do have it, when I bite in to that creamy, decadent texture that cheesecake has; I'm in heaven. I don't even know if words can necessarily describe just how delicious a cheesecake is.

I remember the first cheesecake I ever had was a Caramel Cheesecake. I believe I was at the Cheesecake Factory when I had it and I was about 8 years old. I think they may have put a bit to much sugar because I was jumping off the way after I had and was a bit wee hyper. My parents weren't to happy with how hyper I became. But, I do remember that it was so, so, so, sooo good though.

So, remember how delicious the Caramel Cheesecake was, I wanted to make something like that. But, instead, I added toffee chips, which I found was a great addition to the cheesecake. And in the end, my first cheesecake came out so, so good. Better than the Cheesecake Factory's I must say. Though, I think anything homemade is always better than one that you eat out from.




Recipe

1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 tbsp. sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted

2 lbs. cream cheese
2 cups sugar
2 tbsp. flour
4 eggs
2 egg yolks
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup toffee pieces

1 cup sugar
6 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream



Cheesecake


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. For the crust, combine the graham cracker crumbs, 2 tbsp. of sugar and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 10 inch spring form pan. Bake crust for 10 minutes and set aside.

3. For the filling, mix the cream cheese and sugar with a paddle attachment on medium speed for about 3 minutes. Add in the flour on low speed. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides and the bottom after each egg. Add the egg yolks and vanilla. Fold in toffee pieces.

4. Pour the filling into the prepared pan. Wrap aluminum foil around the outside of the pan and bake in a water batch for approximately 1 1/2 hours. A knife inserted should come out clean when cake is done. Chill cake overnight and then top when caramel sauce.



Caramel Sauce

1. Heat sugar on high heat in a heavy-bottomed 2 quart sauce pan. As the sugar begins to melt, stir constantly with a whisk. As soon as the sugar crystals begin to melt (should be dark amber in color), immediately add the butter to the pan. Continue to whisk until butter has melted.

2. Once the butter has melted, take the pan off the heat. Count to three, then add the cream to the pan and continue to whisk to incorporate. Whisk until caramel sauce is smooth. Let cool in pan for a few minutes

16 comments:

GingerbreadGirl03 said...

Yummy!The look is great!
It make me feel hungry.

Ginger ~♥

Megan said...

Oh My!!!
I really wish I had a piece of that! Excellant job.

JEP said...

Cheesecake is my all time favorite dessert & yours looks delicious!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Tarah, that cheesecake of yours is positively breathtaking - so stunningly gorgeous!! the caramel-toffee flavor combination is quite lovely!!

Alysha said...

Tarah - Found your blog after seeing your comment on mine and OMG! I'm trying to lose weight, so I might have to avoid your blog ;) - think I'm drooling. Fantastic photos and yummy eats!

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Deborah said...

Gorgeous!!

Maria♥ said...

I baked your cheesecake at the weekend and it was absolutely gorgeous!!! Many thanks for sharing the recipe. It is up on my blog you would like to take a peek ;o)

Maria
x

Anonymous said...

ugg bootsTHE SNOW STARTEDwholesale ugg boots TO FALLWholesale handbags SEVERAL HOURSwholesale clothing BEFORE HER Wholesale jewelrylabor began.wholesale clothing A few flakes first,wholesale handbags in the dullwholesale furniture gray late-afternoon sky, Furniture Wholesaleand then wind-drivenWholesale jewelry swirls andCeramic tile eddies around Micro sd cardsthe edges of Wholesale clothingtheir wide front porch. Wholesale JewelryHe stood by her Wholesale fashion jewelryside at the window, Wholesale costume jewelrywatching sharpugg boots gusts of snow billow,ugg boots then swirl andugg boots drift to the groundugg boots. All around the neighborhoodwholesale, lights came onwholesale electronics, and the naked branches of the trees turned white.

Anonymous said...

ugg bootsOutside, uggssnow continuedHigh pressure blower to fall quietlyIndustrial fan through the darknessIndustrial blower, as bright andCommercial blower thick as staticwholesale in the coneschina wholesale of light cast by wholesale jewelrythe streetlights.wholesale computers By the time he rosewholesale christmas supplies and looked outWholesale Cell Phones the window, wholesale handbagstheir car had wholesale MP3become a soft whitewholesale MP4 hill on thewholesale MP5 edge of the streetugg boots. Already his footprintswholesale shoes in the driveway had wholesale clothingfilled and disappearedpressure blower.
He brushedpressure blowers ashes from hisfans hands and sat on the sofablowers beside his wife, her feet propped on pillows,watches her swollen ankles crossed, a copy of Dr. Spock balanced on her belly.

Hayley said...

I just wanted to let you know that I made this cheesecake for my best friend's birthday the other night, and it was a huge hit! Everyone loved it, and I made it exactly how you instructed. Thanks so much!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

I thought your neapolitan cheesecake looked good but this one is even better! Wow!
~ingrid

Anonymous said...

anime cosplay follows Comic-Figures or and also your ideas and desires for cheap cosplay.Our cosplay costumes are not made in the same measurement, but are made with our cosplay special attention to your request.naruto cosplay or cosplay naruto is hot sale now. Furthermore, we will still send you the product Japanese School Uniform after our detailed further check.Yyou'll be surprised at the plentiful varieties such as Kingdom Hearts Cosplay, Bleach Cosplay, Final Fantasy Cosplayand you are sure to find the special anime cosplay costumes you've been looking for wholesale costume in our store.

Unknown said...

Join us to start sharing your reviews, news about air jordans, and how to clues- (www.dragonkicks.com)this community here for everybody to use! we collect all air jordan shoes.
such the famous jordan shoes - air jordan 11. or air jordan 13 ,air jordan 23.
and the latest jordan 2010, by the way,
Cheap Cell Phones collection is also my hobby.

Unknown said...

this site looks great, I didn't expect I would get so interesting and useful content, thx very much
Cheap Beijing tours

Unknown said...

Cheap Christian Louboutin Shoes
cheap air jordan shoes
Ralph Lauren Polo Shirts
Nfl jerseys

Christian Louboutin Sandals
nike air jordan shoes
Polo Shirts
Nhl jerseys

Christian Louboutin Pumps
michael jordan shoes
Mens Polo Shirts
Mlb Jerseys
ugg boots
Christian Louboutin Shoes
discount ugg boots
discount ugg boots
Christian Louboutin Manolo Blahnik
ugg boots sale
ugg boots sale
Christian Louboutin Boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
Christian Louboutin Pumps
ugg winter boots
ugg winter boots
Buffalo Bills jerseys
ugg boots on sale
Bailey Button Uggs
Christian Louboutin Sandals
Bailey Button Uggs
Cardy Ugg Boots

 
 
Genesis of a Cook
check out Tastespotting