I'm notoriously known to love macaroni and cheese. Maybe not as much as my boyfriend who lives off it, but close enough. There are two ways people usually like it. Creamy or not. To be honest, I really do not like creamy macaroni and cheese at all. It's just to... Well, creamy. My boyfriend, however, is different. He's a creamy guy. But, he does like the baked macaroni's I make.
It was me and my mom who came up with this recipe. We didn't really know what to make for dinner and we really didn't have much to cook with to begin with. We did however have plenty of cheese! But we didn't necessarily want it to be the same old macaroni and cheese. After looking threw the pantry and pondering for awhile, we found a can of cream of mushroom soup. We thought, "Why not?"
All I got to say is; Yum! And the pepper jack cheese really give it a bit of a spice. Which, I love! Than again, I love pepper jack cheese to begin with, so it just made it even better for me!
16 ounce elbow pasta
1 can (10.75 ounce) condensed cream of mushroom
1 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/3 cup milk
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, plus 1/4 cup
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus 1/4 cup
1 cup processed cheese, chopped (I used VELVETA)
1/2 cup cup pepper jack cheese, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine butter, milk, and cream of mushroom soup. Add mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, processed cheese and pepper jack cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Add pepper and salt.
4. Stir in pasta into cheese mixture and combine the cheese with the pasta. Pour into a 9 by 13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the top with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
5. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Let stand for about 10 minutes before serving.