I don't know if I have really ever tasted a cookie bar that tasted as good as these. I didn't think anything could necessarily beat my love for banana bread, but this is really making me question whether or not these are better or not.
These cookie bars are really rich and chewy and so darn delicious! To describe what they taste like me would be to say... It's like a slice of banana bread in between two chocolate brownies. That's how I would describe these bars. When you take the first bite, the bananas and the chocolate really come threw very strong. If your a chocoholic, I would defiantly recommend these. If not, a good alternative for instead of a chocolate crust would be a graham cracker crust or even a shortbread version. You could even switch the dark chocolate chips for butterscotch chips or peanut butter chips or even white chocolate chips. Theres a variety away to change it around, but this one is defiantly meant for the chocolate lovers out there.
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup confectioner sugar
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
2 bananas, mashed
2 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts
2/3 cup shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, soft together flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside. In another bowl, beat butter and confectioner sugar until creamy. With two spoons or by hand, stir butter mixture with flour mixture to mix together. Take both spoons and push down the butter mixture with the flour mixture. It will take time, but batter will become moist, but kind of stiff.
3. Press mixture into prepared baking pan and bake for about 15 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, Mix together condensed milk and bananas until incorporated. Once the crust has baked for 15 minutes, take out and pour the banana mixture over it. Combined chocolate chips, walnuts and coconut together in a bowl and sprinkle over the top.
5. Bake for abut 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely, roughly around 10-15 minutes. Then, chill in the fridge for about an hour. To chill quicker, place in the freezer for 25 minutes. These are much better when chilled. After chilled, cut into desired sizes.