Sunday, May 17, 2009

Banana Cupcakes w/ Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing




"Still hard to believe that my high school life is coming to an end in the next couple days.. Honestly, it's really hard. Extremely hard. I didn't have much of a high school life for a long time, being that I had several health issues that were holding me back. I missed out on a lot, which also made me rebel a lot.. I don't know if I'm really ready to let go of it just yet, though I know that I'm going to have to..

In the end though, I know everything is going to be fine. I don't regret anything. My senior years could have been better, but I loved every bit of it and I wouldn't take back anything if it meant changing how I am now. Everyone that I've met and everything that has happened to me in these past couple years has really shaped me for who I am today. I have really the best boyfriend I've ever had, and new friends that I really love being with. I'm finally getting my head situated and my goals in go, and I'm finally waking up in the morning with a giddy smile on my face and a desire to do anything. I'm definitely looking forward to the years to come and my new school life ahead..

Aside from that, I noticed that a few of our banana's were going bad, so me being me, I always find the need to drop what I'm doing and put those banana's to good use. The recipe is a real simple one. It's the icing that really adds to these. OH do I love this icing! I saw this icing on these cupcakes and decided to try it on a basic banana cupcakes. I think it really complimented these moist cupcakes, as it would with ANY cupcakes I must say! It was just simple really good.





Recipe

Cupcakes

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 ripe bananas)
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing

2 sticks (1 cup) butter, slightly softened
12 oz cream cheese
6 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

2. Make a well in center of flour mixture. In the well, mix together the butter, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to incorporate flour mixture, being sure not to over mix. Spoon batter into muffin cups.

3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.

4. T H E I C I N G; In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix until everything is combined. Add the vanilla and the cinnamon. Ice the cooled cupcakes and enjoy!

Makes 12 cupcakes

Summer of 2009 is just around the corner! OH YEAH!



14 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

These cupcakes look delicious and cinnamon really complements these cupcakes :)

Elyse said...

I know transitions and turning points are hard, but you're going to do fabulously, and it's so wonderful that you're taking happy memories with you. On a side note, these cupcakes look and sound fabulous! (I'm not going to lie, I'd love to stick my fingers in the frosting.) Sorry that I’ve been an absent commenter; I just finished up my law school exams and am finally getting around to my google reader.

stephchows said...

The cinnamon does sound delicious! It sounds like you've got your head in the right place. Good luck!! And stay positive, it's a wonderful thing :)

manila homes said...

Love your pic on the beach.. I think your a very hype blogger..

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Looks good and you're so right that cinnamon brosting sounds DE-LISH!


Good luck with the next steps in your life. Sounds like things are headed in the right direction.
~ingrid

Affordable homes said...

you had a great summer.. i can sense that..

Web Designing said...

Congratulation and good luck to you both for your relationship.. and keep on cooking.. Your blog is lovely..

Furniture removals said...

OOhhh so yummmyy!

Outsourcing Manila said...

that is wonderful thanks for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

>cheappolos
ralphlaurenpoloshirts
clothingchina
msn200909
everything
polo shirt

Anonymous said...

As a professional IT certification bibles provider, Pass4sure enjoys a wide rang of reputation among the IT learners and candidates. With the extension of its business, Pass4sure adopted series of innovative movements, some of which are the promotion of Points for gift and the marketing strategy of Affiliate Program.
The Most Popular exams List :
642-845 | 642-892 | 642-446 | sk0-002 | 642-825 | 642-533 | 642-533 | 220-601 | 220-603 | sk0-002 | 642-873 | 640-802 | 640-460 | 220-601 | 350-030 | 220-603 | 642-436 | 350-029 | 640-822 | 642-533 |
Click Pass 4 Sure to get more information!

Unknown said...

Article is very interesting,thanks for your sharing. I will necessarily add it in the selected works and I will visit this site.


plastic machinery
plastic recycling
Granulator
Extruder
Twin Screw Extruder
Extruder machine
Pipe Extrusion System
Profile Extrusion System
WPC Production line
Plastic Auxiliary Machine
Extruder machine
Pallet racking
Racking system
Racking
Pallet rack
Flow racking
Cantilever racking
Light duty rack
Mezzanine rack
Flow Racking
Racking accessories
Racking manufacturer

Anonymous said...

The dish in your pictures are always looking delicious.


cheap bridemaid dresses
cheap mother of the bride dresses
cheap flower girl dresses
cheap wedding dresses
chiffon wedding dresses
strapless wedding dresses
a-line wedding dresses
wholesale wedding dresses
wedding dresses 2010
lace wedding dresses
tealength wedding dresses
Muslim wedding dresses
column wedding dresses
mermaid wedding dresses
plus size wedding dresses
beach wedding dresses
evening dresses
prom dresses
cocktail dresses
ball gown wedding dresses

Unknown said...

Replica hand bags
high quality replica handbags
High quality replica handbags
wholesale replica
wholesale replica bags
authentic fendi handbags
authentic Fendi handbags
vitton purses

 
 
Genesis of a Cook
check out Tastespotting