Thursday, August 9, 2007

Berry Berry Blueberry Muffins



Blueberries? In a muffin? Heaven?

I love Blueberries. Love, Love, Love them! And if I am to have a Blueberry muffin, there has to be a lot of blueberries! And I mean a lot of blueberries! Thats why I love muffins homemade. I don't like the ones you buy at stores. They taste to... Store bought. Thats why I like pretty much everything homemade, especially blueberry muffins. Its like you can taste all the work put into homemade muffins. That may sound kind of corny, but I truely do.

I haven't had blueberry muffins in a while. And today, I was going out with my Nana, and she loves blueberry muffins as much as I. So I wanted to make a batch before she got here so she could take some home. Sure enough, I got them right out of the oven when she got here. And she knew right away what I was making; She could smell it!




Recipe

2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Zest of one orange
1 large lightly beaten egg
3/4 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup canola
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups fresh or frozen berries blueberries

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray Muffins cups.

2. In a large measuring cup or bowl whisk together the egg, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla extract. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking sofa, baking powder, salt and orange zest.

3. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are combined. Do not over mix the batter or tough muffins will result.

4. Fill into muffin cups and bake for 20-30 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. Serve.

0 comments:

 
 
Genesis of a Cook
check out Tastespotting