Due to a few family issues, I hadn't seen my grandmother in the longest of time. I decided I wanted to pay her a visit today because I felt that with all the problems that she is currently going threw, it would be nice. But, I didn't want to show up empty handed. I wanted to make her something nice.
When I think of the season Autumn, first thing I think of is Pumpkin. And since it is that time of year, I wanted to bake something with pumpkin. Since I'm really big on baking bread, it was what I decided on baking.
Of course, I did not want to leave it as just plain Pumpkin Bread. I had to add something in there. Walnuts and raisins sounded really good with pumpkin, and raisins and walnut are kind of like a autumn food.
It came out positively amazing. First bite I took and it certainly felt like autumn. It was very cake like, which I like it that way. I was very satisfied with how this came out, and I could tell my grandmother enjoyed it as well. I'm defiantly going to make this again.
2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup raisins
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
3 large eggs
1 3/4 cups pumpkin
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, nuts, raisins, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cloves, allspice, and ginger until well blended.
3. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, Mashed Pumpkin, and oil until well blended.
4. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and stir just until well blended. Pour equally into two oiled 8 1/2- by 4 1/2-inch loaf pans.
5. Bake in the oven for about 50-60 minutes. Let cool.