The blog Bakerella is one of the few blogs that I really like to keep checking to see what new ideas shes come up with. And I've been meaning to try making her Red Velvet Cake Balls, and for Valentines Days seemed like the right time to make these up for everyone.
I was going to make the cake batter from scratch instead of making it from the box since I don't really like the make cakes from a box, however, I haven't been feeling to well this week, and to make it from scratch just didn't appeal to me. So I took the easy way and went with what Bakerella did; Made it from the box.
They turned out really good and delicious. It was like a little Red Velvet Cake, in ball form. Can't wait to give these out on Valentines Day.
1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
1 can of cream cheese frosting
1 package semi-sweet chocolate bark
1. Bake the red velvet cake as directed for a 13 x 9" cake. After cake is cooked and cooled, crumble the cake into a large bowl.
2. Mix throughly with 1 can of cream cheese frosting. This will be messy.
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on a cookie sheet. Should make 55-60 balls. You can use a 1/2 tbsp. spoon to form balls, or you can just use your hands to form as you please.
4. Chill for several hour. You can do this in the freezer to quicken this.
5. Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Roll balls in chocolate and lay in cookie sheet on wax paper until firm. Then, enjoy!