I've been wanting to make some peanut butter cups for the longest of times. I'm a pretty huge fan of eating the peanut butter cups, Reese's. And I always thought it would be fun to make my own peanut butter cups instead of buying them. And when my mother bought a bunch; And I mean a BUNCH of chocolate chips yesterday, making peanut butter cups came to head. So, that just what I did. And let me tell ya; They're so good! And it was so easy!
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet, dark chocolate or white chocolate, whatever you prefer. I used a little bit of each kind)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Pinch of salt
1. Set 2 dozen mini muffins wrappers on a baking sheet. Melt half of the chocolate, using a microwave-safe bowl and cooking it in short 30 second intervals until smooth.
2. Using a spoon, pour a little bit of chocolate in each muffin wrapper and using a small clean brush to paint the chocolate up the sides of each wrapper. Chill candy for 20-30 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butters, sugar, vanilla and salt. When mixture has come together, microwave until very, very soft. About 30 seconds.
4. Once candy has chilled, spoon generous amounts of peanut butter mixture into each candy cup. Chill for another 30 minutes.
5. Melt the rest of the chocolate and fill each muffin cup once they have chilled. Chill until set.